Those early days in Kyusho saw really quite a variety of approaches to teaching it. Some good, some not so much. Since then, there have been significant developments in teaching methods. This results in students able to get better physical responses, faster.
With the goal of having quality instruction, we are an official Study Group of Kyusho International. From their page:
Kyusho International is comprised of independent practitioners around the world using a standardized curriculum that integrates to their individual needs. Our curriculum is far superior to other instructional processes on Kyusho due to it’s simplified and structured processes that saves you time. And we verify everything with a group of affiliated Medical Professionals (in many disciplines and medical specialties), to insure our accuracy and safety for all practitioners.
We follow the curriculum and teaching methods provided by this excellent organization. The study group will work together through the following levels in a stepped, gradual manner, preparing those who want to certify their skills.
To see a complete description of each level please see this page:
- Revival and Restoration
- Mobile Arm Targeting
- Mobile Head Targeting
- Mobile Arm, Body and Head
- Mobile Arm, Body, Head and Leg Points
- Mobile Arm, Body, Head and Leg Points adding Kyusho Take-downs
- Mobile Kyusho Grappling and Escapes
- Mobile Tuité – Joint Manipulations
- Mobile Weapon Assaults
- Stage 2/3 KO’s including revival
The goal of this study group is to learn in a relaxed, fun manner. We are all here to learn, knowing that we can accomplish a lot when work together.
Sessions are $30 and run for approximately 2 hours. All styles, schools and ranks are welcome. Just come with an open mind and a willingness to try.
During these sessions we will:
- Review revival/restoration techniques
- Work hands-on with each other on designated targets as outlined in the curriculum above, preparing you for the next level (if certification is your goal)
- Support each other as we learn and have a great experience!
Either a Gi or loose-fitting clothing (such as track pants and a T-shirt) is all you need. Feel free to bring a notebook if you want to keep notes.
Signing up is done in 2 easy steps:
- Download a copy of the waiver here, review and sign it and bring it with you.
- Just use the link below to pay for a single session (the link will open in a new window). If you prefer, you can pay at the session as well.
And that’s it!
I would also highly recommend you visit kyusho.com and create a profile for free. This allows you access to sections of the kyusho forums which have a lot of useful information. The forums are a great place to ask questions and there are very experienced people who are happy to help. For those that want to
I hope to see you there!